Built on 25 years of experience in the broadcast industry, Mentor RG provides advanced, reliable sync and test generator functions for use in mixed SD and HD/3G installations.
Following several generations of reliable and flexible Master Reference Generators, the new Mentor RG generates synchronized video, audio and timecode signals for broadcast purposes to an extremely accurate time signature, often provided by a GPS reference system, which is then passed on to the ‘mission critical’ automation system. With the new addition of the Precision Time Protocol (IEEE-1588 PTP) feature, Mentor RG brings a complete peace of mind solution to synchronizing time sensitive audio packets over Ethernet, ideal for IP-based TV studios. Since accurate reference signals are crucial to successful operations, two Mentors and a changeover would be used to give the ultimate in redundancy.
Choosing Mentor RG allows your business to benefit from this outstanding pedigree.
• A single box solution that ensures absolute synchronisation of video, audio, NTP and timecode in any Broadcast or professional media application.
• The ultimate in precision timing, long term stability and reliability - for complete peace of mind and broadcast accuracy.
• Unprecedented level of flexibility that allows adaptation to any environment or application - from a simple media installation to an entire Broadcast Centre.
Utilising GPS provides an extremely stable and robust method for accurately locking multiple SPGs and also for governing the unit’s LTC, VITC and NTP outputs. Accurate GPS referencing is managed by the Mentor RG internal receiver module, or by locking to an external source of 1pps and NMEA serial data.
All SD and HD reference and test signals are generated simultaneously for both 525 and 625 standards, with independent timing control for all outputs to meet the most demanding requirements. The Mentor RG pays special attention to multiple audio generators assignable for AES audio and DARS; embedded audio in the SD/HD channels; Wordclock; and Analog stereo audio.
Up to ten Tri-Level Sync outputs for all 720 and 1080 standards. Two TLS outputs come as standard in the base unit and two option cards can bring this to ten. Tri-level sync is the analog video sync pulse which is typically used for the locking of HD video signals and preferred in HD environments over black and burst.
Intuitive front panel controls allow immediate access to all important settings while Vector Editor software offers in-depth management of all parameters from any network connected location in your organisation.
Key Mentor RG features:
• Precision Time Protocol IEEE-1588 PTP grandmaster
• Multiple video and audio formats in one box
• Simultaneous 525/625 and HD Tri Level Sync outputs
• Highly accurate GPS reference for synchronisation and timecode
• Vector web-browser setup and monitoring tool
• Redundant PSU option
• Add upgrades and options without return to factory
• Generates synchronised audio and video
• Redundant units with changeover
• 4K test pattern ready (future upgrade)